Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Chromebook downloading but not installing updates

Options
  • 17-09-2021 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

My Acer spin 311 chromebook when checking latest version of it's OS is downloading latest version but not installing even if I do a manual restart, will just keep downloading 'latest version'. I only really copped this problem after I noticed that it was downloading the latest version every time I checked and then I realised it was staying on the same version. It was version 81..... while the actual latest version is 93....

Did a powerwash and it downloaded the 'latest version' but it was only 85.0.4183.133 where as the latest is 93.0.4577.69 again it was stuck downloading but not installing. Did another powerwash but still on version 85.....

Any hints on how to force it to update the actual latest version, only 6 weeks old so bringing it back to harvey normans but want to make sure it is nothing I 'clicked'

Comments

Advertisement