Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photo printing app that's not UK based to avoid customs charges?

Options
  • 17-09-2021 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I have always used Snapfish.ie for my photo prints but today got slapped with a €7.26 customs charge to get a photo book worth €8.99 delivered. Are there any good Irish or EU based websites or apps that will print photos/photobooks, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You could try somewhere like Harvey Norman.

• Administrators Posts: 53,355 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Also looking an answer here for anywhere online that'll print out photos. What do people use?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

I use FujiFilm Imagine Ireland but I call to a bricks & mortar shop near me in Limerick to collect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I've just checked out optimalprint.ie They are Norway based but say the photos, etc are printed in Ireland for eco-friendly reasons. I might just try them the next time I need to get photos printed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭ Dean Odd Paperwork

For years I’ve used the premium EU (Belgium) based website Photobox. It’s not cheap but the quality is very good. Worth taking a look at their products anyway, see if it might suit.

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I've used Photobox for years as well for any printing I've had to get done, they're good quality and any time I've had to engage with them for whatever reason they've been pretty responsive. But AFAIK, and I could be completely wrong, they ship from and are based in the UK. They do have offices elsewhere though so it could be a case of just ensuring that they're printing and sending from one of their EU subsidiaries and not their UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

yes, just checking out their site there,

https://faq.photobox.com/hc/en-ie/articles/360019413317-Will-the-UK-leaving-the-EU-affect-my-order-

"For our EU customers – we’ve worked closely with our carriers to avoid any VAT charges on delivery. If, for some reason, you are charged for VAT, just reach out to our Customer Services team who will be happy to help. "

which would imply that they're printing in the UK. As with everything though, it's probably worth contacting them to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭lenscap

You could try the following.

Both based in the west of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I've been using the FreePrints app. Had been using Photobox beforehand. Very happy with the quality, price and speed of delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 house2home

ordered Photo Tiles from www.roundprints.ie and was happy with their quality and services. It's an Irish company and they make the products in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Nardeant

I know this thread is from a couple of years ago, but I wanted to offer some advice regarding photo printing apps. If you're looking for a photo printing app that's not UK-based to avoid customs charges, you might want to explore https://www.frameshop.com.au/canvas-prints. They specialize in canvas prints and other photo printing services, and being based in Australia, it could potentially help you avoid any customs fees within the EU. Frameshop.com.au offers a user-friendly platform where you can easily upload your photos and customize your prints or photo books. Take a look at their offerings and see if they align with your printing needs while providing the convenience of an EU or Irish-based service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,432 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

You just said they're based in Australia. How does that avoid EU duties???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

Since someone else has dragged this thread back up again, is anyone aware of a photo printing service that you can buy someone a gift voucher for?

I just want to give them the present of credit on one of these sites but the likes of snapfish and photobox don't seem to do it.

Advertisement