Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New washing machine

Options
  • 16-09-2021 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I have to buy a new washing machine and am looking for advice in terms of the brands and what I should look out for/who to purchase from? I am Dublin based. Thanks you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

Last time I purchased from Powercity.

I knew what I wanted and all completed over the phone and delivered next day.

Had an Electrolux dishwasher and a washing machine. Both only lasted a few years.

Went with Whirlpool for the dishwasher and Hoover for the washing machine. Both for the features at my price level. No problems with both as yet.

Previously had a Samsung as well (before putting in built in units) and it was super quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

Do you need just a washing machine or a washer dryer combo?

Check washing & drying loads. Usually drying load is smaller than wash load. The max you can get, the better.

Check energy rating.

Check if there are quick 15min,30min, 45min options.

Check if it automatically senses the load & adjusts time accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Annie1a

Those points are super helpful, thanks. I don't like dryers so think I will only go for the washing option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Annie1a

Anyone else have a view on a good washing machine brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SVI40

Miele. More expensive, but built to last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

I would also say Miele is worth the extra cost. We have had ours now for close on 10 years and it hasn't missed a beat in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Miele are definitely top of the range. But if you can’t afford one then I’d go Bosch

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

Bosch is a decent one for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

We have an LG Direct Drive 7 Kg Washer. Never a problem and we have it probably 6 or 7 years (minimum). It can be noisy, but I put that down to uneven wooden floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

We replaced our old Zanussi machine (fantastic machine, got nearly 20 years out of it- they are not built like that anymore) with a Bosch machine maybe 3 years ago. I like the Bosch machine- it's quiet has lots of wash programmes but best of all is the ability to pause the wash mid cycle if you've got extra washing to add to the drum- essential if you have children in the house!

• Advertisement
Advertisement