Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Little Grove, Celbridge

Options
  • 16-09-2021 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

My partner and I are looking at houses in Celbridge and we’ve our eye on a house in The Little Grove. We’re a little worried that this particular estate doesn’t have any children, we have two small children and would like them to be around others of the same age, if possible.

Does anyone know the Little Grove or have friends who live there? I’m sure the people who do live there are perfectly nice, it would just be nice to have other kids on the road 😊

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Darius

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Annette curtain1

There are children everywhere in celbridge. I wouldn't worry too much. You may not get one in your estate, but at most the next kids will be a stones throw away. I would be more worried about when they all become teenagers. Ha

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi @DariusMcGann I found your post in a very quiet part of the site and have moved it to a more suitable forum. Hopefully you will get some more replies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just fyi that house in The Little Grove that was recently on sale has an alleyway going around the back of it. It wouldn't be uncommon to see groups of teenagers hanging around there either. It's definitely something to bear in mind, it turned us off it anyway.

It was on sale for a good while (I think well over a year), then it went sale agreed and was on the market again recently. It's not on daft now so maybe they eventually flogged it.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I live in the Grove (Big Grove).

The little grove is a great place to buy.

That laneway has long since been blocked so no antisocial behavior issues there.

Great access to Main Street and on the right side of the village to avoid traffic.

only concern would be flooding as the little Grove always had an issue with that for decades. Might be sorted now though, not sure.

The laneway is certainly not blocked, and there's very frequently teenagers hanging around there. And I know for a fact that antisocial behaviour was a serious problem there at one point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The laneway as it was from the Little Grove leading to the green at the front of Grove House is indeed long closed. Streetview can help with this where unreliable narrators on Boards can't.

There is a lane leading to the first and second row of the Big Grove that runs behind the end of the Little Grove but this would only affect the last two houses if at all, The Grove itself is a quite mature estate.

Unreliable narrators on boards?? Oh that's some strong projecting lol

The laneway at the back of The Little Grove, the house that's being discussed here, is opened. Maybe learn to actually read what's being discussed before contributing.

Advertisement