Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flu Vaccine Time 2021

Options
  • 16-09-2021 12:00pm

My pharmacy just phoned me to offer me a vaccine appointment next week. Had half forgotten it was that time of year, with Covid dominating the vaccine scene. Apparently there’s a good supply of influenza jabs this year, so time to make your enquiries if not already contacted, and if you normally get the vaccine.

It doesn’t invariably stop you catching a brief dose of sharp influenza-like illness, but in my experience it cuts it down to a 36 hour illness without the drawn-out recovery time. Well worth it, have not had a real influenza since 1980s, and it has been a memorable dose the handful of times I’ve got it in my decades.

Comments

Advertisement