Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Abroad

• 16-09-2021 9:53am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Myself and the wife are toying with the idea of going away for Christmas this year (if restrictions allow). We figure things won't be fully back to normal here anyway so we won't be missing out on too much. With that in mind, anyone got any good locations for Christmas abroad? We're not fussed on getting a turkey dinner anywhere but would just like to go somewhere where we know everything won't be shut for a few days. I figure this likely means a non-Christian country like Morocco maybe. Would also consider Rome but not sure if the place would be a ghost town on Christmas Day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

Well, we're in the same boat except we're a party of 8, - if you're not worried about heat, well then you've loads of options. We want warm weather (20+) so we've narrowed it down to dubai or tenerife within a 9 hour flight radius.

Morocco definitely looks cool, I'll admit I'm always that bit cautious of Africa I can't help it, egypt looks nice too near sharm el sheikh.

We were supposed to go to Florida at Christmas but that looks like a non runner.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Heat isn't a top priority but would prefer to avoid places which would be colder than here. Definitely wouldn't want to go to Dubai but we did think about Tenerife, main worry would just be that a lot of places would be shut on Christmas Day/St Stephens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭StreetLight

I was in Tenerife for Christmas 2020. The majority of places were open and it was business as usual. Had a ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

Myself and my wife love to spend christmas in the Caribbean. Hard to beat chrismas dinner on the beach:) We have hit Aruba, Cayman Islands and Turks and Caicos all pre pandemic so far. The best trip though was Central American the December before the pandemic when we went to Belize and Guatemala. Not seeing a trip like that this christmas yet though probably still too early with the pandemic. Maybe christmas 2022 I hope.

Advertisement