Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HSE can't delete old email address?

• 15-09-2021 9:57pm

Unfortunately, I ran into an issue when trying to renew my medical card. The issue is I had an email address, but the company decided to start charging a yearly fee so I abandoned it in favour of free options because honestly these days who would pay for an email address anyway, I thought I had most things switched over to a different email address but unfortunately the HSE account must have slipped past. I tried to set up a new account on their online system, but when I put in my PPS number. It detects that I already have an account and prompts me to reset the password using the original email.

I've phoned the helpline three times already. The first time the lady promised to delete my old account so I could set up a new one and wait about four days before trying to set up a new account, so I did that and unfortunately, no luck so phoned again and was told to do the same thing and, surprise, surprise. Nope, still blocked from setting up a new account on my latest phone call the guy I spoke to claimed neither he nor anyone else had the ability to delete information from their database. It apparently lacks that function (As someone with a little bit of IT experience. I know that excuse is more than likely complete bullshit)

I hate to be the type of person to complain, but is there anyone I can raise a complaint to about this issue? And I know it seems like it's become an overused term, but this does seem to breach GDPR in that what would happen if someone requested that their personal information be removed from the database?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭archfi

Exact same thing happened to me a while back - degoogled my online life and the one account I forgot was with the HSE site.

It proved impossible to have old email deleted and for me to setup a new account - I don't know the ins and outs of it but like yourself after many calls I had to have my queries/renewal etc resolved via phone/post rather than online.

Other gov sites/accounts were fine to change, just the HSE one was impossible to do.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Sorry for all the hassle. You had to go through looks like I will have to do the same thing. I can't imagine the recent hack of their systems has helped the situation that much for all the good it will do. I might fire off an email or two complaining about the situation to my local TD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

This might fall under GDPR in that the HSE is storing inaccurate data about you and should be correcting it. I would send a registered letter to them to their Data Protection officer and ask them to correct the email and asking them to respond stating how long it will take and if it cannot be rectified why not.

I wonder are they using email as a key in a database?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Same problem here- it was the old Eircom account which brought on the trouble. The HSE was unable to change the email in my account. It was also impossible to re-register with a new email account- the system refused me because " I was already registered"! I had to ask for paperwork to be sent to me by snail mail. My online account is worthless now- and everything is back to the old analogue ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

If it's for the pcrs online services eg medical card DPS the email address can be deleted

Post edited by whats_happenin on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

You can be sure they paid millions for this system.

Can't even update an email address.

Advertisement