Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bass player wanted

• 15-09-2021 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello there.

We are a 35 piece Ukulele group based in Dublin 12, and we are looking for a bass player. It would probably suit someone who ain't on the circuit anymore, but would like to keep playing a bit.

I'll be upfront with you, there's no money in it, but there is tons of joy, satisfaction and genuine pleasure to be had. I know as I was on the circuit, but have never been happier. The average age is on the "mature side" and most of the members up to a few years ago, never even knew what a ukulele was, much less played one.

We were very busy gigging before the covid break, our gigs are mostly weekends, the majority during the summer. We rehearse once a week, on Monday nights

Now, after the covid break, the gigs are starting to roll in again. We do a lot of charity gigs, some private stuff, local festivals, and bigger festivals around the country (we've played Knockanstockan) and we have played (and are booked for next year) at UK festivals too...

It may not suit a beginner or learner as we have quite a big and varied set from Johnny Cash to Blur and a lot inbetween. We're not looking for a Jaco, a Norman or a Flea, but if you're handy enough it would help.

If this sounds interesting to you, give me a shout here and we can make contact for further details

Cheers

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jonesy37Dublin

Hey Paul. I'm a 37 year old bassist, playing 18 years , and based in Clondalkin. Are you still looking for a bass player?

Forgive me for asking, but since it's a ukulele group, I have to.

Are you looking for an electronic player? Or ukulele bass?

Definitely right up my street though, and I'm free on Mondays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jonesy37Dublin

Quick example of my playing

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BluesRock

Hi Jonesy, nice playing, 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paulyb1963

Hi Jonsey,

Unfortunately I have just filled the spot.

Thanks very much for your interest, and you sound amazing. If ever anything comes up I'll give you a shout.

Cheers

Paul

Advertisement