Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USA a no go for Xmas2021 - Plan B

• 14-09-2021 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi all,

we had booked a trip for 8 of us to go to Orlando, FL on 27 Dec and return in Jan after 2 weeks for mum's 50th.

That doesn't look likely now at all, we have until mid October to cancel 4night cruise around Caribbean from florida we had booked with royal caribbean.

Looking at backup options now - as we can get money back on hotel, cruise but flights we can only get a voucher to use.

Party consist of 2 adults (50 & 51), 3 couples all in 20s (children and partners).

We all love warm weather, skiing is not an option - I know heat is limited at this time of year. Plenty of options for eating out and bars. Pool is a must.

What sprung to mind right away was tenerife, then dubai which will probably cost a lot more.

All vaccinated, Anguilla and other Caribbean destinations came up - but we don't really want to fly above the 7 hours or so it would have taken to get to Florida from Dublin.

Sister is a bad flyer and suffers from anxiety, mother not a great flyer either. They've taken diazepam etc in the past and even that didn't really work!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭SweetSand

I am afraid to say you really don’t have many options ticking all your boxes :( I just had a quick look and Dubai is probably your best bet. Right now direct flight from Dublin on your dates is just over €900 per person. I did not look at hotels - probably expensive. I was going to suggest Sharmel Sheikh as we did that one New Year, weather was very nice. But flights look painful, nothing direct and even at that - too risky. I would try and stick to direct flights right now. My in-laws love Madeira, again I had a look and it looks ok flying from London but not sure if you want to do that. Ugh, I just don’t see anything, no good replacement for your original trip :( I was sure USA will open up by August 2021, now I am not sure it will open up in 2021 at all. Maybe postpone it until 2022?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

Thanks Sweetsand.

Looks like the canary islands is our best bet, we've been to Lanzarote before and not mad on going back, so I guess it's Tenerife or Dubai.

Had a quick look last night and the hotels 4 star upwards seem very expensive for Tenerife between 27th and start of Jan.

We'd love to reschedule but it was the only time of the year all of us had basically 2 weeks or so off. Hard to get another time in the year when 6 of your party are 20, 21, 25,26, 27 and 28!!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

Trip back on!!! 😁

Advertisement