Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signing up for swimming holiday?

Options
  • 14-09-2021 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever done one of those swimming holidays with the likes of SwimTrek or similar?

I am very interested in signing up for one in Greece at some point. There are 2 swims a day, typically 2-3km per swim, and there are four 'swimming' days on the trip.

I used to swim & compete for a swimming club. I'm 32 years old (female), and I currently swim 3-4 times a week for 55 minutes in my local pool (for Covid reasons the sessions are limited to one per day, 55 mins). I'd cover around 2.5-3k per session, broken up into interval swimming (incl. kick & pull) rather than continuous laps. Would a trip like this absolutely kill me? I've very little open water experience, but the trip does include some coaching, and my technique is solid but not spectacular due to my background. I cover 100m in about 1:30-1.35 at moderate effort in the pool, 25 metre pool. I'd be interested in the trip as a kind of introduction to sea swimming: with a guide and a group of fellow swimmers, with some technique advice thrown in. Plus, nice weather!

Anyone have any experiences with these, or advice?

Advertisement