Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse transfer from council house on medical grounds

Options
  • 14-09-2021 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi out there,

I hope someone can give some good advice.

I suffer from a chonic condition (fibromyalgia) I live on area quite trouble with antisocial behaviour,and I have 3 kids.Becouse the problems outside my pains,fatigue,migranes have become worse so I gave them the Form filled by gp and consultant,supporting a move to more quite area.

Council refuse, and now I need some help what the next step take,

thank you,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,693 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Did the council say why they refused? Eg, Is your rent up to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

did they accept your evidence?

fibromyalgia is not caused by stress etc, but can be exacerbated. it may not meet the threshold for a medical transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I have a relative who lives in a council house. I wouldnt say its a bad area, but its one i wouldnt like to live in either. She has all sorts of ailments. Fibromyalgia, chronic arthritis since childhood and is getting a hip replacement in the next few months. She has even had her window broken by yobbos about 3 years ago.

She has been requesting a transfer for the last 15 years and they wont do it.

Shes had GP notes, even notes from consultants but no go.

Id say your best bet is your local TD.

Allegedly Doctors and consultants will write a note for anyone for anything so the council will just ignore.

Advertisement