Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Edge (Naas Rd) project and Luas (F Line)

• 13-09-2021 7:31am
    Administrators Posts: 347 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

This discussion was created from comments split from: Luas F line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Reviving an old thread, Mods feel free to move if necessary. Dublin City Council and South Dublin County Council have just launched a consultation on plans to redevelop the area around the Naas Road, called CIty Edge. The intention is to see a huge increase in the population in the area.

What I though was interesting is that on pages 23 and 25 of the Emerging Preffered Scenario document, they show two potential options for Luas Line F, one going north on Kylemore Road (which I thought was the intention) and another continuing along the canal.

I dont think it is realistic to think that the existing Red Line can support existing population growth, serving Lucan plus a major increase in population around the Naas Road. The Red Line will likely be overloaded well before anything happens with City Edge, and certainly if it spurs to Lucan before then. I think they need to look at splitting the Red Line, maybe the existing line east of Blackhorse gets extended to Lucan and the existing line on the Naas Road gets diverted and extended into the city centre (probably along Long Mile Road but obviously lots of pinchpoints and potential issues along there).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Maybe there thinking of running along the canal until the font hill road then using the old metro West allignment to rowlagh then left turn toward Lucan. Not a bad plan actually, I thought the idea of going through the center of ballyfermot was a bit daft.

Advertisement