Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any suggestions for a new christmas "photo challenge" this year?

Options
  • 09-09-2021 5:24pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Last year a friend of mine put this on her facebook and a couple of us took part:

"We need a little glamour in our lives right now. This Christmas season 2020, let’s all put on our fanciest dresses, pour ourselves a martini, and pose in front of the tree. Post those pictures! Extra credit if you have a silver tree, or those silver tinsel thingies."

So apparently it is my job to come up with a new photo idea this year. Any suggestions from all you Christmas Experts what I should do and how to word it etc?!

Ps. Anyone like this idea?! Feel free to share the original post on your facebook or a new one from some suggestions that will hopefully be made here. My friends and I had lots of fun last year!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Aw I thought this was a new challenge for the forum! That is a great idea though.

A few ideas:

Fanciest drink - umbrellas, fruit, straws, fancy glasses, chocolate sticks, whatever!

😃Best wrapped gift - think Mr Bean in Love Actually

Most festive outfit - Christmas jumpers, reindeer antlers, elf outfit, santa costume, etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Great ideas! Thanks Miamee

Anyone else got anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

Best decorated gingerbread house. Plenty of kits available that includes the parts for the house itself, just be creative with the decor. Or just best edible decoration, be it a chocolate train like on the chocolate/sweets thread or a Styrofoam cone decorated with sweets to make an edible tree, etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I really love this idea! But I kind of want the person to be the focus rather than the prop! BUT maybe I do it that the photo is you with a Baked Good or a Christmas Creation i.e. do your gingerbread house and stand beside it or cook your favourite family recipe dish and pose with it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

What did you choose in the end? Hope you had fun doing it!

• Advertisement

Sure did! Just went with pretty much the same theme as last year. It was fun to compare them

Advertisement