Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Any suggestions for a new christmas "photo challenge" this year?

• 09-09-2021 4:24pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭ amdublin

Last year a friend of mine put this on her facebook and a couple of us took part:

"We need a little glamour in our lives right now. This Christmas season 2020, let’s all put on our fanciest dresses, pour ourselves a martini, and pose in front of the tree. Post those pictures! Extra credit if you have a silver tree, or those silver tinsel thingies."

So apparently it is my job to come up with a new photo idea this year. Any suggestions from all you Christmas Experts what I should do and how to word it etc?!

Ps. Anyone like this idea?! Feel free to share the original post on your facebook or a new one from some suggestions that will hopefully be made here. My friends and I had lots of fun last year!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 10,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭ miamee

Aw I thought this was a new challenge for the forum! That is a great idea though.

A few ideas:

Fanciest drink - umbrellas, fruit, straws, fancy glasses, chocolate sticks, whatever!

😃Best wrapped gift - think Mr Bean in Love Actually

Most festive outfit - Christmas jumpers, reindeer antlers, elf outfit, santa costume, etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭ amdublin

Great ideas! Thanks Miamee

Anyone else got anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭ tscul32

Best decorated gingerbread house. Plenty of kits available that includes the parts for the house itself, just be creative with the decor. Or just best edible decoration, be it a chocolate train like on the chocolate/sweets thread or a Styrofoam cone decorated with sweets to make an edible tree, etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭ amdublin

I really love this idea! But I kind of want the person to be the focus rather than the prop! BUT maybe I do it that the photo is you with a Baked Good or a Christmas Creation i.e. do your gingerbread house and stand beside it or cook your favourite family recipe dish and pose with it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭ Caranica

What did you choose in the end? Hope you had fun doing it!

• Advertisement

Sure did! Just went with pretty much the same theme as last year. It was fun to compare them

Advertisement