Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Buying a used car not taxed

• 06-09-2021 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ lol_leo

Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a used car that has not been taxed in over a year (it's been parked off road on private property). I don't think an off road declaration was made on the vehicle. Will I have any issues when I go to tax and NCT?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,713 CMod ✭✭✭✭ spurious

You are responsible for the tax from the 1st of the month in which you bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭ User1998

No you’ll have no problems. Just change the ownership into your name and tax the car. Any previous tax owed will be cleared

Also NCT does not care about tax

Advertisement