Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairly new driver stressing out! Please help!

Options
  • 05-09-2021 4:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So im fairly new driver I've only had my license about a month.

So last night I was at a junction, looked left and right the road was clear, started to move off onto the road. A car came out of nowhere but I was already halfway on the road so I continued, there was no collision or anything but that person drove along side me on the wrong side of the road. Eventually he over took me and he slowed to a crawl in front of me and began to swerve between the 2 lanes.

So I guess after that story I'm wondering if I should be worried or should I just learn from the experience and move on?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,311 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just learn from the experience. A dashcam might be a good investment to capture anything like this in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

I've noticed some number of drivers are more aggressive and much less impatient when a lockdown ended. We got used to empty roads while now we need to relearn how to share roads and think for others while driving.

As above, try to learn, if there's anything to learn, and keep driving.

I know myself, when I just started driving many years ago, everything looked changing and moving so fast, it was hard to cope and process everything. In time, you'll get better and better.

Stay safe and understanding towards other road users. Some are tired (paying less attention, making mistakes), some aggressive pricks, some too slow and also causing troubles etc etc... It the whole new world to discover out there on the roads. Plenty of nice drivers, though too, who make the driving experience more pleasant and less stressful.

Always think for others and expect the worst before it comes, in other words, always have a plan B in case the situation suddenly changes. Check mirrors more often than you think it's needed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the motors forum instead:

https://www.boards.ie/categories/motors

Advertisement