Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTB: Carbon tubeless wheelset OR rear tubular wheel

• 04-09-2021 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭

Looking for set of carbon tubeless wheels.

Rim Brake.

40/50/60 mm deep.

obvs 11sp and sexy looking.

OR

a 50or 60 mm rear tubular wheel only.

Budget for a set 500 - ish!

What yis got?

Post edited by koutoubia on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭rcklap

Hey,

I have a set of FFWD 60mm carbon tubular for sale over on adverts. Amazing wheelset but switching to gravel only.

https://www.adverts.ie/bike-wheels/ffwd-60mm-carbon-wheels/24686156

Na

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If you are not in a rush, Wiggle have had a great promo the last two Black Friday's on a Prime set with Hutchinson tubeless tires for 549€ I think.

They have been out of stock recently but customer service told me they were due back in around August (probably not the bundle deal), and I'm not sure how Brexit impacts this.

I'm in the market for a tubeless wheelset too but thinking of hanging on to see if that deal pops up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Thanks. Its for my commuter so need fairly sharpish!

Saw them and was deffo tempted to make an offer as I set before and are a superb set of wheels.

However they are a bit a) rich for the use I need and b) the decals are a 'bit busy' for the frame.....otherwise I would be all over them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Hiya Koutoubia,

Don't want to derail this but any chance you could share your thoughts on commuting with tubulars?

I've always ruled them out completely due to fear of puncture, I do almost all my cycling alone so would be pretty stuck /ringing for help.... These are the glue on jobs right? I always thought they were for racing where you might have some chance of a spare wheel being provided.

They seem to be cheaper and lots of bargains so if they are not as troublesome as I've always assumed I'd revisit the idea of buying them.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Indeed, so many tubs on sale, so cheap, so pretty, so.... useless! :)

If there's a life-hack for tubs to make them daily-able and not just for racing then I'm all ears!

Firstly I use tubs the whole times so I am 'set up' for riding them all the time but am going to make the transition to tubeless.

With the availabilty of effetto mariposa tub tape the days of glueing (unless you prefer glue and some people do for various reasons) are pretty much gone.

Tyre choice is everything. I have decided to commute on Conti Gatorskins. Not the most comfortable tyre but can take a battering. When I clock up 1500k on them I will add sealant.

They are pretty much the only conti tyre I will use but will use Sprinters if I got a set cheap.

I avoid Vitttoria and have recently gone back to veloflex (pro tours for fast-ish days but the Roubaix's/Arenbergs were the best tubs made)

and like the Challenge Strada and rode the Challenge Paris-Roubaix on the Galway Bay sportive a few weeks back. They glided over the rough stuff. Both Challenges are a lovley ride but have a limited life span. Nice soft Cotton tyres like those have a limited life.

I carry a spare 23c preglued tyre with a can of gas and tyre levers wrapped up together and fits in my jersey pocket.

I keep a track on mileage on all tyres and when they hit the life span mileage of the tyres I replace them regardless ie 3000k on a Veloflex front/ 1500k rear.

I dont use Vittoria Rally or Conti Giro as they are cheap and unreliable in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭rcklap

I’m happy to do a strong deal on my FFWD’s above as I want rid of there are any takers.

ps. Tubs are class 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Gonky

Hi

I have a set of Mavic cosmic pro Carbon ust (not sl) . I have hutchinson fusion 5 performance 11 storm tubeless fitted .They are 40mm and in great condition. They are 1 year old I`d say about 1500km or less on them . looking for 450 euro if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭comete

I have a set of hunt carbon tubeless wheels, 36mm front, 50mm rear. I bought them in June and have put about 1500km on them according to strava.

I wasn’t planning on selling them, but I’m just about to swap the winter wheels back on, and with the Mrs is expecting in January I’d probably benefit more from cash in my pocket and space in my shed than a set of wheels that might not get used a whole lot next season.

I paid €1150 for them (plus skewers and brake pads, with lifetime crash replacement for original buyer). How does €750 sound, in original packaging, and you can keep my phone number in case you ever crash them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement