Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happening to the old Star Bar Swords

Options
  • 03-09-2021 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

I see construction works on site and it is being gutted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

Dessie Lawlor who owns the chalk bar/old school house took a lease out on it. The pub at the front should be open before christmas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I heard it was reopening soon - didn't know it was the Lawlors though. Fair play to them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It's a really huge space - great to see it will be used again. Can't help thinking we didn't need another pub in Swords though.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

It's a smart move by them. if they didn't lease it, a competitor might take it on and become serious competition. This way, the money lands back in their pocket anyway!

Oh I agree, it's a good move on their part. I'd just love to see something else in its place. A community centre, remote working hub...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Wasn't WeWork doing stuff like that? Serving beers in their offices

To be fair, they could have a bar downstairs and offices or something above. I vaguely remember they had a function room upstairs?

It'd be interesting to see how productivity drops after lunchtime 😂

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Yes, very big room upstairs. I was at a pub quiz there once.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jucylucy

Looks almost done, anybody know when it is opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

It looked open when I walked past earlier. Looks like a nice place, will definitely pay a visit when it is open

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Its been open for a good while now. The Arch bar - lovely food in it

Advertisement