Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moved from Sky to Vodafone. HELP

• 03-09-2021 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

I have canceled my Sky package last month and have gone with Vodafone for TV and Broadband. Sky account ends on Monday and had arranged for Vodafone to be installed on the same day. Just had a call from Actavo to say that my install has been delayed until the 15th Sep. That leaves me without BB or TV. As I have SIRO already installed, is there much involved in installing the Vodafone router in place of the Sky router? I really cant afford to be without BB for that length of time, working from home etc. Had this all booked in for over 3 weeks. Any advice very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

I had a similar problem last summer when getting my SIRO installed, if you live in a Virgin area you could get broadband from them, then cancel within the 14-day cooling period, thats what I did.

Assuming 2 weeks is enough. It took Activo 4 visits to get my SIRO working due to a catalogue of issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Thanks Downey. Got sorted after a few headaches. Good news was that because I was transferring UAN number my sky bb account stayed active until the switchover. Actavo made the switchover on the Tuesday evening, called it in but then the bb dropped out after about 20 mins. It stayed off for another 24 hours as there was a registration issue between Actavo and Vodafone. Got the BB back working but TV and phone stayed down for fully 48 hours. All up and running eventually but from my experience, expect to have moderate to severe disruption if working from home etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

No worries, how are you finding the Vodaphone SIRO router v the Sky one. I've found the Sky one great after the problems I had with the previous Virgin media one.

I tried Sky yesterday but they wouldn't budge below €50 for the 1GB to stay with them so thinking of switching to Vodaphone now, I have my UAN from Sky ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Vodafone router better than Sky one so far. 2.4ghz signal on sky was terrible. Seems to be better coverage around the house on the Vodafone also. Ordered the super WiFi also but engineer did not have it with him for the install. That’s organised for next week. All in all very happy with the service now that it’s finally up and running. Can’t complain about price:

vodafone tv

500mb bb

telephone

sky sports for 6 months for €1 per month

super WiFi

total price €46 for first four months then €51 for the remaining eight. Part of a onebigswitch offer.

Advertisement