Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dock for dual 4K screens

Options
  • 01-09-2021 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I have the following set-up while working from home:

Main monitor: iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU-B1 28" TN LCD, 1ms, FreeSync™ , 4K UHD 3840x2160 , 300 cd/m² Brightness , 3 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort, 1 x VGA

Second monitor: ASUS VP249HR 24 Inch (23.8 Inch) Monitor, FHD (1920x1080)

Someone suggested that I get this Anker dock (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0874M3KW4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) but unfortunately, the only way t will work is by reducing the resolution on the main display to very poor levels.

Can someone who knows more than i do on the matter, suggest a dock that wont break the bank. My work laptop is a HP elitebook so I need USB-C connectivity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

There's a lot of hit-and-miss with hubs like the one linked above. If you scroll through the reviews, someone complains it doesn't work with this or that laptop, including an EliteBook.

Depending on the model, you might be better off using whatever port you have (e.g. HDMI), and add the second monitor via Thunderbolt.

Personally, I use two monitors with my work laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad). One is connected to the laptop's HDMI port, and the other one via a cheap USB-C hub.

Advertisement