Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who to talk to about maybe getting a rollator?

• 01-09-2021 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

I am not in need of a wheelchair but I can't walk far without pain, and so I believe I would benefit from having a rollator for both support and for sitting on when I am out and about. I'm currently on disability allowance and while I can buy one, it would deplete my small savings. Do I speak to the public health nurse or to my gp about this?

Comments

In my experience with relatives, your GP should be able to put you in touch with your community nurse / clinic who can provide various physical assistance devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,006 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The walking frames are fairly plentiful as they are given out by the hospitals for quite short term use but then they won't usually take them back (there are a few exceptions). A roller one with a seat might be a bit more unusual to find, but you could keep an eye open on local recycle fb pages etc as people give them away (I took one to a charity shop recently), or put in a request for one.

Otherwise contact your gp who will refer you to your district nurse - more efficient than trying to contact the nurse directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,006 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Lidl will have a rollerator with a seat, brakes etc in on Monday next for €80.

Advertisement