Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you ever want the Recognition too much?

Options
  • 30-08-2021 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

You know that moment when you have a clever trick or strategy that only you know of, that makes your life so much easier perhaps at the expense of others. But it's not enough to just quietly go about your business while benefiting from your tactic. You have to tell someone just how smart you are and it spoils it all for you? It could be something like a way you managed to get a pay increase, and you can't help but think you're so smart. Have you ever been silly enough to tell people?

It reminds me of your typical movie involving a serial killer who is about to get caught, and someone else gets wrongly convicted for the crimes, only for us to realise that the serial killer doesn't like someone inferior to him getting the credit for his genius, so he commits another murder and puts himself at risk! The serial killer has thought for years that he likes to kill for the sake of it, but now he realises that it's about more than that!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Not really. If i've done something that is praiseworthy, I would like the managers to be aware of it, but I wouldn't feel the need to brag to others about what I've done. If someone came up to me bragging about something i'd probably think he/she was full of themself.

Advertisement