Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where can I get replacement laces for Asics runners please?

Options
  • 30-08-2021 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, got new Asics trainers (GT 1000) just a few weeks ago and one of the laces is tearing already.. bought them in a store here in the City..

The told me to get onto the Asics website - i have done so and they said that they can't be of any assistance and that the responsibility is with the retailer - ???

I have looked on line and can't find a replacement pair.

Have looked in stores here too and no joy.

The laces are v narrow, flat and a particular shade of navy...

Any one any ideas on how I can get my hands on a pair? And who's responsibility is it? The retailer or manufacturer?

TIA

PS V unhappy about this - been buying Asics trainers for yeeeeears and this has never happened before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭longrunn

Legally the responsibility is with the retailer. Under consumer law you are entitled to a repair or replacement if the goods are not of merchantable quality and not fit for their intended purpose, which would cover runners that are a few weeks old (unless you're doing 100+ mpw). There's a reasonable expectation that runners such as GT-1000 should last 300-500 miles.

You are covered under consumer law on this issue: hxxps://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer/shopping/repairs_replacements_and_refunds.html (I can't post links so replace the "xx" with "tt" in "hxxps://"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

wow thats for that - I was wondering about this.. like I know its only the laces but without em the runners are no use..

anyway - got back on to the retailer and I suggested replacing the runners if they could not get laces - they said they would get back to me in a few days - which they did - they are gonna give me a new pair in exchange for the ones I bought already... have yet to do that but I will

Advertisement