Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread 21/22

Options
  • 30-08-2021 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭

I've finally won a game so the discussion can now commence.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I still haven't won a game and I'm 127k in the world after 3 GWs so it shows how competitive that league is.

Looks like I'll just about avoid the bottom 3 and relegation in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I lost on week 36 on 152 points but I’ll live to fight another year as well, an ever present in the FSA premier 💪💪

The bottom three is confirmed now and I'm six off relegation going into the final weekend so another year secured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

My aim in this league each year is to avoid relegation! Another mid table rank Finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Managed to not to be relegated.

Little victories that keep me playing.

Otherwise dreadful season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

One of the teams going down has been in the league a long time I think (the Bottlers)

a few of the original 20 still hanging in there

How many years is the League going now?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

From looking back the FSA Leagues first full season was 2014-2015. I started in the FSA Championship where I am heading back. While I wish things had gone better this season I have no regrets but will do my best to get back into the Premier League next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I should have been relegated last season but took advantage of my free pass back into the league by winning it for the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Congrats to Dearg81 who has joined the illustrious group of winners of the top league.

It probably won't have gone unnoticed by those who are here regularly, that traffic on here has been way down this season, and this competition will have suffered as much as any in terms of diminished interest in here.

I'm still planning on keeping it around next year, however if interest is down and there is a decent amount of attrition this year, I will get rid of one of the leagues this year. (I'm looking at July 23rd to be the deadline for entry assuming the site doesnt end up being past the start of July). Basically if from the 80 people who have qualified for the leagues, we get less than 60 signing up by the deadline, I will go for 3 leagues rather than going wild into the Qualifying League to fill an entire 4th league. Similarly, it would be 2 leagues if it were less than 40, although I think attrition being this extreme is very very unlikely.

The 20 teams below will make up the FSA Premier League 22/23

Dearg81

Boots234

Scorpion Sting

Benimar

Tony_Montana

iused2likebusts

T-b0n3

CSF

Steven81

itsnotmyfault

thunderdog

Morzadec

Lemlin

wonski

skippy15

swiper the fox

ronan.h

TaytoCrisps

patmac

klopparama

If any spaces do become available the first 6 people in line will be: ElTel, Iago, manual_man, MrSkinny, KevIRL, dasa29

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hi all,

Hope all well. Haven't been on boards at all but hopefully will remember to take up my place in this league next year. I finished 28k this year. I was in a great position going into Gw 33 at 15k with FH and BB left. I played my BB in 33 and my FH in 34 and managed to drop from 15k to 32k over those 2 gws which ended the hopes of a top 10k finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Had a horrendous year, would love to blame it on something other than having lost a bit of interest but it was all my own fault :) Got unlucky at times along the way but probably a fair relegation all things considered.

Have been in the premier league since the inception of this league, I don't cope well with change. Hopefully will bounce back up first time around, but it's tough once you drop.

Advertisement