Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for feedback about Adamstown

Options
  • 30-08-2021 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys. As my username suggests, I’m a Southern boy living in Wexford. I’ve been living here for about 7 years, but that’s been in Wexford town; not rural. 

We’re a young family with 3 children, and we’re in the market to buy. A property is available in Adamstown, but we’ve nobody in the area to supply feedback. We’re looking in the Fairfield’s estate and have been there several times. 

Would be great if we could get legitimate feedback on the area. Is it know for anti-social behaviour, or any unsavoury activity? Given that it’s a central spot between Wexford, Enniscorthy and New Ross, is there many passers by? The estate itself looks clean and maintained. I know it’s relatively close to Taghmon, but I’m not overly knowledgeable of the type of people that live there either. 

In a nutshell, any information to aid in our house search would be much appreciated. 

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Adamstown is a nice spot. It has creche, primary school and vocational school with a good reputation. There is also a good selection of sports clubs.

I have been in Fairfields a few times - always quiet in there, no sign of any trouble.

You won't have to look too hard to find a few anti-social behaviour in any Irish village or town. I live a few kms outside of Adamstown but the only problem I see day to day is littering outside the chipper!

Good luck with your house search.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

I have both family and friends living in the estate. It is mostly council owned now. There are a few "settled" families in the estate too. From our friends, they wouldnt leave their kids play outside unsupervised as some of the older ones can be a bit rough. There is a maintenance fee paid by everyone living there every year for the upkeep of the greens and likes as the council dont do it. It is a handy commuter stop between places. However, I know the house you are looking at and behind is a field where planning permission is gone in for dog kennels . Our friends live on that row and they are looking to get out of the estate. So just keep that in mind. You also have the lovely isore of a big 5g tower gone in recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Southern lad in Wexford

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Southern lad in Wexford

Thank you for getting back to me. What field are you referring to (with regard to the dog kennels) and what row of houses? Is it the Close or the view? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭memorystick

I was thinking of buying a house there. There’s 3 houses in the same estate. There seems to be how low can you go approach to selling them. Never a good sign.

• Advertisement
Advertisement