Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are you still awake?

Options
  • 30-08-2021 1:21am

What has you up at this hour? Personally I have anxiety tonight and can’t switch off my racing thoughts. Oh the joys!

Comments

Had a lie-in and an early evening couch snooze. Unwise but too damn irresistible. Wide awake now of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Sorry, I thought this was the woke thread.

As ye were.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,811 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m used to be a pretty dreadful insomniac, I’m sleeping much better now but I still am a night / morning owl.... like the peace, tranquility, thinking time, boards time round this hour of a morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I was up at 6 and working all day until 5. Came home had something to eat and lay down for a snooze until the double Fair city at 8.

Back up to bed at 10 can't sleep with niggly back pain.

Midnight feast of Coffee and 2 Jammy Wagon wheels followed 2 Cheese strings and a bowl of trifle. Back up to bed.

Still can't sleep and I now have a headache and heartburn from the rubbish I ate earlier plus the backache and the restless leg syndrome I have most nights.

Boards is a godsend on nights like this.

Hope you all get some rest/sleep tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm at work, on the nights that i am not anxiety usually keeps me awake at odd times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Can't sleep clown will eat me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Gout at me tonight :( plus something I ate is not agreeing with me at all... Wide awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You know who to ring.

I had a reunion in Dublin Friday night. Drank a skip of wine. Had a few beers in Dublin yesterday morning before leaving and a few in Sligo when I got back. More wine at home.

Just had 2 cans of beer as a nightcap. I don't think they were enough

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Snoring brought me here 😴

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Because it's only 3:15am I am a night owl and I'm on my PC obviously on Boards with Gem Radio in the background

and I'm on my 7th can. Probably head for bed around 4

That's standard ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Nap on couch earlier was not a good idea.

Just woke now. Worrying about stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Fairly severe pain that meds are only blunting rather than abating 😒 and an interesting book in "blood & guts, a history of surgery".

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've found myself on UK bank holidays for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

It was a combination of fancy tea at 8pm, then humidity in the bedroom and anxiety knowing I'm gonna be broke until Thursday week that had me awake for the most part of the evening :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

It's 'Dynorod' you need to call lad there may be a blockage of sorts in the pipeline after the festivites sotospeak.

No man slept well on a full belly of porter the old people used to say that's whoy a feed of hairy bacon settles the stomach before bedtime.

A skipload of wine is a whole different matter.

Advertisement