Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music theory exams

Options
  • 28-08-2021 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm studying classical guitar, hoping to pass grade 4 by the end of the year, and doing it with RIAM exams. My guitar teacher recommended I start tackling the theory exams, as I'll need grade 6 theory (I believe) in order to go for grade 6 classical guitar.

I did the ABRSM grade 3 theory and passed earlier this year, and kept studying. All their theory exams can be taken online 24/7 for one month from the date of payment. There's an issue with their website (long story), and they are not responding to support queries. So I was going to go for RIAM instead - once I get my refund. Is there much of a difference between the ABRAM theory grades and levels to RIAM?

Ta,

Eoin

Advertisement