Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Vuelta Stage 14: Don Benito to Pico Villuercas (165.7km)

Options
  • 28-08-2021 1:30pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Back to climbing today with two cat 1 mountains to look forward to.

As I write the stage is under way and a large breakaway has 8 minutes. Whether they stay away is anyone's guess the way previous stages has gone. Bardet and Champoussin would be favourites from that group I think. Interesting to see how Pidcock goes as he is there too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

20% gradient goat tracks covered with a concrete surface

This is the Vuelta :D

Oh that was nasty for Vine there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Some performance from Vine after the fall.

How did he get back even.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,317 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

And so Bardet finally gets his stage win and KOM jersey... pity we didn't get a showdown versus Vine.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,067 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Didnt see the stage today, catching up now. I see carapaz stepped off today as a dnf, probably shouldnt have ever been in the team, he looked knackered

Advertisement