Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Working from home during Covid - Car service

Options
  • 26-08-2021 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

used to commute every day, so car was serviced nearly 3 times a year.

Last got it serviced March 2020 (just before lockdown)

Since then it still has another 5000 miles to go before next service. (although its the usual March 2021 or within x amount of miles.

What are peoples view on this, how long after the year would you leave it, or would you wait until you hit the 10k miles.

it is a 1.9 Diesel 2008 Golf. I want to keep it as long as possible, never had any major issues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I get mine serviced every year, just before the NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I like to do an oil change once a year regardless of use. Resale value on yours ain't going to matter at this stage but I'd be inclined towards having someone check it over for brake pad wear, lights, tyres etc if you don't know how to check those yourself.

You can to do preventive maintenance when ever you like to do. Only keep one thing on mind, you have a diesel and you may get to trouble if you do not drive enough. Short distances does not allow to heat the engine up and it start building the carbon.

Advertisement