Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In exactly 4 months....

Options
  • 25-08-2021 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭

.... It's Christmas day :p

Let that sink in folks. Within the next 16 weeks you'll have to get all the gifts, shopping etc.

Geez. Where is the year going? Only feels about 2 or 3 months ago watching Wonder Woman 2 on Christmas night (it released Christmas Day for those wondering)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Ah ffs. One of those people are you. I guess if anyone says they are so hungry they could eat an horse - you would actually hold them to it too, right?

... ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It's 17 weeks but who is counting?

(apart from the OP)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Hold yer horses op

(@Alberta64 maybe don't hold an actual horse, just sayin')

Its not really Christmas til the ads drop, and.by that I mean every second ad is Christmas related.

Have there been many on TV yet?

It's unfathomable that 2004 is 17 years ago. I was thinking yesterday about something that year, and it feels scarily recent.

• Advertisement

Any other predictions, OP?

I was chatting to a fella yesterday who says we'll all be living on handouts from the UN by this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Apparently Brown Thomas opened their Christmas shop last week.

Sure I got another. Now I know this is gonna sound wild. So just bare me .... but a week after Christmas day is new years day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

No. Finding it impossible to believe it.

I recently met an ex-colleague and it turns out that it was a year since we last met. I would have said four months maximum!

Apparently, I haven’t seen one of my best friends since Christmas 2019. Same with my parents.

This has been a weird time.

OK.... I can only assume one of your hobbies is stopping random people in the street and bestowing them with your wise advice lol.

But alberta, here's my wise advice, never answer a question that no one asked. You'll come off as a know it all knob or buzz killington.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Supply issues coming with anything popular, buy now if it's something your kids will be getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭snowgal

this time 4 months itll all be over and we'll be full as bedamned and getting ready for more Christmas turkey!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Stolen from another forum that stole it from somewhere else. Nothing is original nowadays anyway so...

Hi everyone! I thought I'd bring over a challenge that I first heard about over on the OCReMix forums here. Briefly put, it's The Wham! Challenge, and the rules are pretty simple. Basically, the song "Last Christmas" by Wham! is played, well, everywhere. The goal is to go the entire Christmas season without once hearing it -- when you do, that's when you've been Whammed.

So here are the rules:

• From 12:00am on November 23rd (the Friday after Thanksgiving -- so that's midnight tonight), until 12:00am December 25th (Christmas Day), you cannot hear any part of the song Last Christmas by Wham! That means if you hear it tonight before midnight, or on Christmas Day, you're fine; any time between then, you've lost.
    • Only the actual song counts. Any remixes or covers, hearing someone sing it in person (unless it's George Michael), or hearing a muzak or instrumental version, doesn't cost you the game.
    • Even if you hear just a few seconds of the song, as soon as you recognize it as Last Christmas, you've lost.

Remember that it doesn't matter how or where you hear the song. If it's on the radio, in a mall over the loudspeaker, or Jenner tricks you into clicking a YouTube link, you still lose. Once you lose, post in this thread to let us know when you've been Whammed.

Let's go!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

That's because when you get older, your perception of the passage of time changes. In 2004, people similarly struggled to comprehend the idea that 1987 was 17 years ago.

Advertisement