Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Susi Advice - Mature Student

Options
  • 25-08-2021 2:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Long story SHORT. Went to college under 23, Level 8, withdrew on medical grounds in 4th yr of 5 year course over 10 years ago. Never applied for or received grant as parent over threshold.

Want to go to different college to finish original area of study L8 degree. Offered advanced entry to year 3 of 5 year course. Now 38, married and living with husband 2 years so applied for Susi as mature 'independent' student.

SUSI looking at 2 short courses (10 week, p/t QQI L5 modules and then 30credit, L6 Springboard online course while working full-time) I did back in 2017/2018 as my re-entry to education and want to base my applicant class on my residence at that time. Was still living at parent's address at that time (not paying rent as large house with no mortgage or rent payments on it but was paying towards other household bills (bills in my father's name). Never applied for SUSI or other student funding.

I have no financial ties whatsoever with my father (mother is a homemaker). If means tested on my actual financial situation now, I would qualify based on my income from 2020 + hubby's s/e income.

If means against my father's work pension + my income from 2020 will be just over threshold.

Any advice?

Post edited by studyagain21 on

Advertisement