Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get in to teaching PLC/FE/evening courses?

• 24-08-2021 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi everyone,

I've been working in the IT industry for a few years now and I'm thinking of a slight career change.

I was always interested in teaching but went down the road of getting a computer science degree. I have a Level 8 BSc (Honours) in a computer science degree and I am wondering if it is possible to teach Level 5/PLC/Further Education courses with my degree and where the best place to start would be?

Any information or links to external sources would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Julia68

I don't have permission to post links but if you google Teaching Council, Further Education qualifications you will get the information you need along with a list of accreditated Further Ed. teaching courses around the country. You might be able to teach with your degree for a while but ultimately you will need to gain a teaching qualifications such as the Higher Diploma in Further Education in Maynooth University.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ismisetoo

You generally don't need a teaching qualification to teach evening classes...contact the evening class coordinator in your local FE college

Advertisement