Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street food or food truck market in Dublin (evenings)

Options
  • 23-08-2021 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Hello

Is there a large outdoor street food market anywhere in Dublin? Meeting some lads on Saturday and looking for options to eat and prefer not to eat indoors. If you have been to Cork looking for something similar to the Maria Market which has some really interesting and good food options. (not burger and chips!) Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Can’t think of any...

pity really. They look like good fun but there’s so many public/social issues here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Allinall

Try the Camden Court hotel on Camden St.

They have one in their car park at weekends, or did have up to a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I found one called Dinetown at The Iveagh Market that says its open until 9pm each night. The website says 'coming soon' but the FB page makes it sound like its open

https://www.dinetown.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Think the camden court hotel thing is fri evening only.

Post edited by retalivity on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Eatyard. Unfortunately it's no longer in the city centre since the Bernard Shaw was forced to relocate to Whitworth Road but it's pretty much exactly what you're looking for. Open Thursday to Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Actually, Capel St to Parliament St are effectively open air eating and drinking at the weekends, they've been closing the roads after 6/7pm, you can either get takeaway from somewhere and eat on the street or try and get a seat/table at one of the many bars/restaurants

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tropple

Dinetown is great - they have tacos / pizza / burgers / BBQ / Ethiopian and dessert food trucks, and there's a really nice vibe too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Ye it's definitely open at the moment - friend of mine was down there recently. The lad who runs Anti Social on Francis St is behind this venture too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

So the food is great! Totally agree, but I am not sure about the vibe as a whole. I read in the journal yesterday that they are applying for an alcohol license from next week and it may turn into more of an entertainment area, but I found most people would go in, get their food and leave again. Even at peak times it never felt all that busy or atmospheric. I hope it improves.

Advertisement