Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I delete my account (or request to have it done?)

Options
  • 23-08-2021 3:58pm

Firmly of the belief that this forum has simply become too one-sided politically, I would rather my account was deleted.

I can't see an option for this on my account settings. I do know on the previous version of Boards, often a username would be randomly generated and posts would still remain, etc. so I presume it's still possible that my account can be fully removed (and my content can be, presumably, anonymised, etc?). Just not sure how to go about it.

(if it's a request I have to make to a moderator/admin, then can an admin/moderator delete my account upon viewing this thread? or do i have to make a request somewhere specific?).

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Please email datarequests@boards.ie from the email address registered with the account or PM @Boards.ie: GDPR

Cheers Niamh. I just PM'ed the GDPR account.

Hi Niamh.

It's now been 21 days since I requested an account deletion and my account remains active. Could you provide some insight regarding the timeline for this to be done? I'd have assumed it'd be a 2-minute job?

A queue of requests, lots of other stuff to do, the recent sudden passing of a colleague.

I sent a request for the data of a previous account of mine to be deleted and it took weeks also, but it was done. They'll get to it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Apologies to all awaiting this. Niamh is not around for a few days and we currently only have a developer who is trying to sort out some of the wider site issues

It will be dealt with but hopefully you can appreciate that recent events have only contributed to increasing the backlog.

• Advertisement
Advertisement