Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

How much to earn for a good mortgage

• 21-08-2021 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ youandme13

Good night all!

Myself and my partner are saving for a mortgage. Just curious what people earned and saved each month towards a mortgage?

I'm worried tbh as I'll be starting as a Clerical Officer in the HSE soon and earning 24.5k with a salary scale while my partner would be on c.36k plus bonus etc. We're also in Dublin and obviously doubt will be able to afford anywhere near here! Have children also!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ IamMe33

Saving 3K a month, but as a single buyer 3 bed semi-d prices in Limerick are rising faster than I can save for the balance needed on top of the max morgage for which I qualify.

We have 2 children and our 3rd on the way. Combined we earn €85k and we have no child care costs at the moment so I save €500pw. Have a 60k deposit and hoping to buy in North West this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭ Chinese whospers

You'd qualify for a max mortgage of approx €212k. So, not fantastic in Dublin. If a first time buyer you'd need 10% deposit. So, if you have 10% deposit spared you'd be looking to buy a house in the region of €230k.

I’m in love with him and I feel fine.

^^^ although, I’m okay with getting back to winning ways, Jurgen.

Advertisement