Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch Postage/Shipping dilemma

• 21-08-2021 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I'm hoping for some advice from someone here that may have encountered this dilemma with postage.

Back in Feb, I purchased a brand new Junghans Max Bill Automatic (from Montredo) and the crown has fallen clean off after a few months of very light wear. This happened while I was wearing it so it went unnoticed, and I do not have the missing part(s).

So I got in touch with Junghans directly as there is not authorized dealer here in Ireland and as the watch is in warranty, they have advised I send it to either of their 2 workshops that carry out warranty repairs. Their factory in Germany or a third-party workshop in the UK.

I'm happy to do this but the problem is I can not find a postal service that provides insured postage. I'm hesitant about sending a 1200eur watch uninsured to either Germany or the UK.

Has anyone encountered this issue with postage/shipping before? Am I missing something? Any advice/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

DHL will do insured shipping,m or use an post and a 3rd part insurer like secursus.....you will pay a good portion of the watches value to do so. I have sent many watches registered an post without insurance without an issue, but it depends on your attitude to risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,717 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I sent an uninsured €4k watch to France recently. To Watchfinder who insist on sending it just registered, with no mention of what is inside. The An Post registered post cost an insane €47. I would have been much happier though with an insured option (costing a lot more) and to be honest I was anxious while it was gone - took a full week before Watchfinder acknowledged they received it (a few days after tracking said they did)

Advertisement