Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zanussi Washing Machine Fault

Options
  • 20-08-2021 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to fix a washing machine for my elderly neighbour and don't want to be wasting their time or money on a rabbit hole.

Washing machine tripping rcd when powered on, took the top off and disconnected a few plugs and does not trip when the pressure switch is disconnected, I think I can get a replacement part for 50e but not sure its worth the punt as seems unlikely the pressure switch would trip the rcd?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

undo the heating element leads and motor harness and see if it stops tripping, then refit one at time and see which one causes the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

How old is the washing machine? If it's 4 or 5 years there may be limited life left in it. How much do you sink into it before it's better to get a new one?

Advertisement