Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mdf Dust

Options
  • 20-08-2021 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

We recently got someone to put in a bathroom unit it it was a miserable day so he did all the work in the shed.

The whole shed (30'x20') is now covered in MDF dust. I'm wary of hoovering it and I'm wondering should I hire an industrial hoover and what mask I'll need to tackle it safely.

Many thanks

Answers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I along with many others worked for years in joineries that used mdf daily, with no extraction. Horrible conditions for sure.

But I am still here, so are my buddies. Use a close fitting mask , or respirator, and hoover away, you should be fine.

Its dusty and horrible, but if this is the only time you come into contact with it, it wont kill you. You have absorbed far more formaldehyde

in your home probably already, as we are surrounded by it. Its in most things.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Double post, but I am not deleting, in case two dissappear

Advertisement