Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any recommendations for tv and broadband in dublin 15, hartstown

Options
  • 16-05-2016 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I'm currently with Virgin media upc on 120m broadband and a few tv channels...costs 25 a month and contract is up soon.
    to keep this package the price jumps to 80 euro per their rep.

anyone any cheaper recommendations? I need a decent Internet connection, and basic tv channels?
    Post edited by The Ritz on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

contact their cancellations team and see if you can get on a deal for renewing your contract.
    Outside of that, you should look at which channels you actually watch, and whether old UPC analogue tv is still available where you live. These channels come directly through your cable and are tuned in on your tv (like back in the day) strictly speaking you should pay for that, but they still come through as long as you have a broadband connection with them,
    You could also look at free to air satellite tv combined with sairview - this would give you the Irish and uk channels, but not stuff like sky1, discovery channels, mtv etc. Just the free stuff like BBCs, channel 4/5 itv channels, Nickelodeon etc.
    The market has gotten less competitive lately, the days of massive discounts for the majority of the contract are gone for now.
    I would say the cheapest thing to do would be cancel the tv, get free to air, and get a deal on keeping the broadband.
    Far as I know, the cheaoest ongoing deal for broadband is Vodafone at around €38.

Ref the virgin package, make sure you don't have contract left after the price goes up. Generally speaking the €25 deals are 18 month contracts where the price is for x months. That's if you signed up as a new customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baegan

thanks for the reply.
    you know what the broadband service is like from Vodafone?
    or you know what the sky broadband is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭baegan

so im up for renewal again with virgin media. i use broadband only and costing me 63 euro a month currently. (too expensive)

i called them and the best offer they can give me is 30 for 6 months then 60 for 6 months for 250MB for 12 month contract. im getting maybe 35 upload and 8 download (not great)

i called EIR ands theyre saying 100Mb fiber for 30 a month for 12 months..is this too good to be true?

Anyone any experience with this package?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

I’ve moved this here from Home Entertainment, as the topic is more suited to this forum.

Ritz.

Advertisement