Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA results on Sunday evening

Options
  • 18-08-2021 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

For the historians, who read the results on Sunday night on RTE radio 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Seán Ó Síocháin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

Sean Og O'ceallachain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭morphy87

I used to listen to this every Sunday night, I think it was on after the 11 o clock news,it was a great program he had every result,how quick times have changed, it’s not too long ago where if you missed the results on your local radio this show was the only way of knowing the results

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

My aunt who lived in another county used to rely on the results show to find out how her home club would do each weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I always remember Sean Og O'Ceallachain doing it.

He had been doing it for donkeys of years by the time I listened to him in early 80s.

He always thought he had kinda melodic voice.

Also always remembered hearing unusual names that always stood out as a bit weird.

Ones that still stand out are Oulart the Ballagh, Buffers Alley (which I thought should have been playing handball), Longford Slashers (wondered why they named after an implement), The Fighting Cocks.

Advertisement