Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for Kitchen Fitting - reasonable or not?

• 18-08-2021 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

The kitchen is a tiny apartment kitchen of 9 ft x 5ft

I’ve been given a quote of €2,900 for the following:

Rip out and disposal before and after - €600

Plumbing - €450

Electrics - €450

Tiling of walls €600 includes cost of tiles and adhesive Tiles not yet chosen - but I’m assuming porcelain

Tiling of floor €800 - includes cost of tiles and adhesive

Is €2’900 reasonable for the above?

Quotes I’ve been given for cabinets/worktops/sink etc have ranged from a ridiculous €28k (yep) to about €8,500.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭poker--addict

28k!

Two quotes in Meath around 16k.

Would be keen to sense check or reduce this. Can anyone recommend a place with good quality and value? (DM fine if can’t post)

would there be much variance in price geographically? Can imagine premiums around Dublin

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭mad m

1. Is the apartment, ground floor or up flights of stairs. €600 seems ok to rip out and remove. Probably covering for a standard skip which around €250-€300 then labour
    2. Plumbing, new fittings? Taps? Adjusting waste pipes? €450 is that just labour?
    3. Electrics. What’s involved exactly. Cooker hood? Adjusting sockets?
    4. Tiling for splash back Usually 4m2 seems ok, but depends on tiles. Standard 6x6 white tile & trims?
    5. Floor is there removal of tiles, floor to be levelled prior to new tiles? Again what type of tiles? Sqm of tiling area?

You can get flat pack carcasses and pick nice doors. Usually depending on layout you have below

1. 1000 stainless steel insert sink
    2. Counter top
    3. sink base unit
    4. base unit with draw
    5. Corner unit?
    6. space for W/M?
    7. Space for cooker, free standing or cooker hob unit?
    8. wall cabinets 3-4 wall units
    9. Support ends.
    10. Fridge space?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EllaC

@mad m

1. Direct access to the apartment- no staiirs/lifts. No skip hire - they will take it away in their van

2. Plumbing - as far as I know this is labour only

3. Electric- this is install of new oven/cooker hood/adjusting one socket

4. Yes

5. Floor size 3ft x 7.5 ft approx. Yes removal of tiles/probably levelling needed/porcelain tiles

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭mad m

Nearly all trades are like hens teeth at moment. €450 labour seems high for plumbing to connect up a mixer tap and alter pipes if required. Kitchen floor works out at 2.2m2, fairly small area.

Is this cash or is vat applied also in your prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EllaC

I assume the figures include VAT

• Advertisement
Advertisement