Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Over 40 want to meet new friends

• 18-08-2021 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I am a 41 year old, happily married man with no children. I have been living in Dublin for nearly 20 years and over the years, pretty much all of my friends have either relocated away from Dublin or I have lost touch with them. Those who remain have children and meet ups are becoming increasingly difficult to organise.

I am just wondering if anyone is aware of any groups in Dublin for men in their 40s who want to meet up, go for a pint and make friends.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭victor8600

Get a hobby that involves other people? For example, hillwalking, other team sports. This is so your have a common activity to underpin your conversations over a pint.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Just to add to this, also look at meetup.com for groups in your area. Lots of groups out there covering plenty of activities and age groups, mostly free some paid activities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

MeetUp.com or Mens Sheds are good websites to check

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sirrahg

Thanks for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Martin32

Can I strongly recommend golf, started playing at 40 to make connections in a new town and get some fresh air. Joined a society which is fantastic, more craic than golf

• Advertisement
Advertisement