Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notification when blocked users mention your SN or post in a thread

Options
  • 17-08-2021 1:22pm

I know features are just getting off the ground currently with the transition, but just wanted to point out that blocked users still appear in the notifications menu when they post.

Therefore, they're not really blocked.

i.e. put them on "ignore" list and it blurs their post but the bell notification menu still sends alerts = they can still hassle and disrupt the user who ignored them.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Just thought I'd mentioned that as something developers could look at when "debugging"

😁

• Registered Users Posts: 40,209 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yeah I find this very annoying as well. I mentioned it on the Bugs thread.

Additionally when you block someone and mistakenly click on their post, it immediately reveals itself (no, "you've blocked this person, do you really want to show this contribution?").

The entire purpose of the block function is to ignore disruptive posters.

Sorry but at the moment its really not serving its intended purpose.

On twitter when you block someone, that's it - they're off the face of the earth.

No notifications, none of their posts mistakenly creeping into your feed etc.

Boards is an important medium for communication in Ireland (arguably the most important one?)

Just saying it may behoove it as a platform to ensure this feature is more adequately managed.

Advertisement