Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

School Transport complaints above Bus Eireann?

• 16-08-2021 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Bus Eireann is repeatedly (since May) ignoring phone and email requests as to whether a bus stop will be available for a child; they now sent a ticket with the wrong destination (5 km away),

I have also filled in their complaint form now, for the second time. But it was ignored the first time.

Is there a way to file a formal complaint "above" Bus Eireann, for example, with the Department of Education?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭starlady1

You may possibly be able to complain to the National Tranport Authority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭G-Man

All i get from BE is that you might get a ticket - no concrete answer that no you wont or yes you have. They accepted payment and now no response.

I think I am between two bus routes, so I would like to know which one I am offered or none at all and I can go make my own arrangements.

• Administrators Posts: 14,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

What do you mean by whether a bus stop will be available?

In our area the bus route is the bus route. It's the same every year. It doesn't change. If you need the bus, but don't live on the route then you have to get to the bus stop somehow. My children's bus stop is about 3km from our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gauffres

I am in a similar situation with bus eireann school transport. We moved to a new area in the summer and bought a house having being told by the seller thar a school bus went near our house. Applied for bus tickets, got concessionary tickets in the post after paying 325 euro and we have since been told by school that no bus serves our area. Emailed transport office several times , no answer. Rang office on numerous occasions and nobody ever answers. I am now looking for a refund but I am guessing it could take a while. It is just not good enough that bus eireann feel that they don't have to answer phones or emails. Am thinking of contacting my local representative on the matter just to stir it up a bit. Its all very frustrating. Meanwhile I'm in and out like a yo yo to the village to collect kids from primary school, creche and secondary school ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gauffres

PS even when you ring the head office in Tullamore there's no answer !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 dara10

I emailed them about six times, and got a case number each time. Only got a reply once and it was 4 months later and the information in it was wrong. Phoning was the only way to get through to people. Most of the staff were useless so keep calling until you get someone helpful.

Bus Eireann lack basic communition on the school bus service such as informing you of your bus route, stop and times. Its actually shocking.

Advertisement