Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foul language, your opinion please.

Options
  • 15-08-2021 11:01pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4

I used the term 'For F**k sake twice at a heated group meeting. all the attendees at the 'group meeting' have and do use such language so it is not new to them.

My boss who I have had years of problems with made a complaint and used my language as an act of retribution. I have been before the board and found guilty and punished accordingly.

I would like to know peoples opinion of the term for f* sake. It is an acknowledged term for frustration and a term derived from 'for Gods sake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I'd never use language like that in a formal setting in work. Its very aggressive to use in an exasperated/frustrated manner. I wouldn't equate it to "For God's sake".

Using the word f**k in a light hearted manner in the work environment is unlikely to get you in trouble. Its not the word, its the scenario & delivery.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

This is a Home Entertainment forum , I assume you intended to post this somewhere else.

Thread Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement