Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking up old posts...

Options
  • 15-08-2021 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

How do you look up old posts? On the older version of boards you used to be able to look up old posts, doing this enabled you to go back to where you left off in a thread? posting stuff on this new site I can't find or see my last posts, it makes discussions impossible to track.

Post edited by Spear on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Profile - My Comments = your posts.

At present, you have to manually follow a thread by clicking the Star icon, even if you have posted in it.

Discussions - Followed = your bookmarked threads. You can also get to these by clicking the Star icon in your profile banner at the top of the page.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

None of that working for me, I'm on a laptop if that makes difference, I don't browse boards via mobile.

Is there no way of looking back at your old posts, for example if I post in a busy thread say a week ago and the thread moves on, how do I find my last post so I can see who commented after me or see if anyone quoted me, as it stands it seems you have to remember off the top of your head which is impossible.

On the old boards you were able to look up your post history, be it a week, month or year ago and when you clicked it it took you exactly to when you posted that comment, page number and post count, it's how I followed conversations.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Bookmark the thread by clicking on the little symbol on the top right of your screen. That will save it into your bookmarked threads which you can find when you click on your profile. That will bring you back to where you were on the thread and also show the number of new comments since you last posted.

I presume the desktop version will be improved so that you can view all your posts by looking at your profile, but for the time being, bookmarking will enable you to follow the discussions you were involved in.

My bookmarks is just a mess of threads I used to post in, some new and more old, when I click on one of my bookmark threads it doesn't take me to my last post.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Ah, okay, it works for me. I use desktop mostly. Someone else may be able to help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Yeah it's a load of crap. So now you have to bookmark every single thread you post in just to be able to find your post. Well done to the genius who thought of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I have the same issue. The old "statistics" tab of your user CP where you could see how many posts got thanked, and find updates on threads you posted in, where clicking the link would bring you to your last post, is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

https://www.boards.ie/profile/comments/ << This will show your latest posts

Or

You can use the search to also search your previous posts - I posted before on it:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/117662729#Comment_117662729

Click the search icon: enter your username. It should bring you to you the results page. When that loads, clear your username from the top search bar. Then on the right of the screen enter your name in the "Author" box. You can then specify dates to search between.

Okay, when click the first link I can see my latest comments, problem is I can't get that up without clicking the link you gave, when I try and do it myself what comes up is Home-Profile-Discussions, I need to change discussions to comments but can't find an option for comments, but i can when I click the link you provided, is there a way to do it without having to go to your link all the time?

Advertisement