Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shorter working year public service, questions!

Options
  • 15-08-2021 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

My role in private sector is being made redundant and I'm considering returning to public service in my next move. I left ten years ago and I'm an accountant. Pension entitlements are clear given my prior employment history.

One of key motivators for returning is the option of shorter working year and getting a better work life balance as a result. I'm not sure how widely available the option is a across Government departments, Semi state, Universities etc, would love to get some clarity on this in advance. While I appreciate it's not an automatic entitlement and one that has to work for employee and employer, how likely is an application to be rejected?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭xeresod

Impossible to answer I'm afraid as it's completely down to the Divisional business needs for the specific period in question

Advertisement