Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cannot get all Saorview channels on my TV

Options
  • 14-08-2021 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭

I decided to try out Saorview on my 2012 Samsung TV - I have tried both manual & auto search and it finds only 7 channels , 6 of them being TV and 1 radio . Signal meter on TV shows 100% signal and its on channel 45 UHF (Sligo)

wonder what I am doing wrong?

TV channels its found and they are perfect:

(1) RTE1

(6) Virgin Media 3

(7) RTE Junior

(11) RTE1+1

(12) RTE2+1

(27) Saorview Information

(210) Radio maria Ireland (Radio)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You are finding MUX2 channels, you need to reposition the aerial so that it picks up the additional channels on MUX1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

OP, As mentioned already, you're missing mux 1, on ch. 42.

What kind of aerial do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

unplug for 15 mins and try again....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I only thought after i posted make sure you are on terrestrial setting as sometimes what you are saying will happen on satellite setting but no pic....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

thank you all - I have a UHF aerial in the loft lying horizontal across the rafters . On another make of TV in another room it gets all the SAORVIEW channels on it (what's that like 20 something including radio) - but this samsung will only find 7 in all, off the same connection - most weird. - if it was a just picking up one MUX would that mean the other TV would only get 7 channels only , because that is getting all Saorview channels available on it.

Could it be because the UHF sockets in the wall are isolating ones thats causing the problem? (I dont know if they are or not I havent unscrewed to see)

here is my setup at the moment:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

Isolating sockets would only be a problem if you were trying to power through them.

So the problem TV is getting its feed via a splitter & then 2 sockets linked together?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

all sorted now thank you - I replaced the splitter with another one and scanned ch42 and 45 and now have all chanells thanks for all your help everyone

Advertisement