Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Basic Security Best Practices for a Dedicated Server (and VPS/Cloud Servers as well)

• 13-08-2021 9:29pm

The only way to secure a server from the horrors of the internet is to never hook it up to the internet.

No, seriously.

The moment you plug any server into a data centre or network, it will immediately start getting attacked by bots trying to access it and take it over. It’s just the nature of the way things are on the internet. Most of these attacks are harmless if you’ve taken proper precautions. But no computer is 100% secure.

So, here is a rundown of basic security tips to keep your dedicated server secure against the internet, other than shutting it off. Also, even though I run my own dedicated server, I am a security amateur – this is based on my own experience and should not constitute legal advice in any way. You should always consult an IT pro. Until you do, here are a few things you can do in the meantime.

Read more here.

Advertisement