Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iveco Daily Camper

Options
  • 13-08-2021 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at an Iveco Daily van to buy, seller has been very responsive and given lots of details but my main query is that he has the engineering report for the work but hasn't done the VRT to convert it. It's has 2 additional belted seats added behind the driver (what we're looking for) but would the VRT registration be an issue even with the engineers report or would we have an issue insuring it?

Also would registration be difficult if they don't have all the paperwork for the work?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Revenue don't care about engineers report its the insurance company that looks for it.

Insurance company might insist on their own engineer but shop around Stuarts seems less fussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭Shoog

Has the engineer signed off on the additional seats with seatbelts. If not you would need to have them crash tested by him before you could use them - at considerable expense. They might also have been bought with crash test certification which is OK.

The engineer has to declare the number of usable seats to the revenue which will be entered on the logbook and become legally binding on you.

Shoog

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭IBrows89

The SQI report has been signed off with the seating increase from 3 to 5.

I take it that would be all the insurance would need?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

That's all that revenue need, it's the insurance companies can be pickier. You have to follow the standard bumpf that revenue list on their website to have the vehicle re-classified, and you also have the pleasure of waiting an indeterminate period to hear back from them (I believe I'm 6 weeks and counting at this stage) in order to hand over a fistful of cash for VRT (something to bear in mind when looking at the asking price).

In my situation I got insured via the MCC after providing proof of sending the documents to the revenue and having a CVRT and an acceptable engineers report. There are some engineers that the MCC don't accept, but their names escape me at the moment

• Advertisement

The MCC has its own SQI which last time I checked they require you to use. He seems flexible enough though and if everything works out the MCC insurance seems to be the best. They can be picky about how you approach them so a bit of creepy arse licking is in order.

Shoog

Advertisement