Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum working hours

Options
  • 13-08-2021 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Not a problem as such but I have been asked to do overtime and at the moment can be working 52-56. I have been told by work that I’ll soon have to stop o/t as I’ll be going over my 48hr max working week over 4 months. There will be o/t work there probably for the rest of year and maybe most of next year. My question is will I have to stop doing o/t or can I continue doing it. I don’t mind doing it and while it’s there I’d like to keep doing it but I don’t want work getting into trouble having someone working over allowed hrs.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Is your 52/56 counting breaks? I always thought the 48 pw is the net hours, the actual hours worked, eg say your 5 day week is 9-5 or 40hrs you take daily lunch breaks so only work 35 & its even less if you also get 10/15 mins tea breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

Ya that's mostly worked hours bar tea breaks at most maybe 2.5 hrs over the week.

Advertisement